Join us for our IGNITE series to expand your knowledge, get support, and join the movement to increase understanding and create equity for OT clients and clinicians everywhere.
The COTAD IGNITE series is a platform designed to elevate the voices and share the knowledge
of BIPOC, disabled, LGBTQIA+, and other underrepresented members of the OT community.
Through IGNITE events, we are expanding our efforts to provide support, resources, and brave spaces where people of all backgrounds can learn and be enriched by colleagues whose experiences often go unheard.
Register to attend and learn how to do the difficult and necessary work of dismantling systems of racism, oppression, and discrimination to promote occupational justice and well-being for all.
- Thu, Mar 11ZoomThis is the final session in the series of improving inclusion of people with disabilities within the occupational therapy profession. The focus of this event is to ignite action to increase support of OT practitioners with disabilities in the workforce.
- Thu, Feb 11ZoomThis is the first in a 3-part series for COTAD's IGNITE 4.0 centered on the topic of disability inclusion in OT. During this session, we will explore challenges and barriers experienced by individuals with disabilities in the profession. Attendance is free with registration by 6 p.m. CST on Feb. 10.
- Fri, Dec 11Must pre-register; link sent day of eventThe third and final session of COTAD IGNITE Series 3.0 will center around taking action for LGBTQIA+ inclusion in occupational therapy. Must pre-register via EventBrite by 5 p.m. on Dec 10. The link for the event will be sent via email on the day of the event.
- Thu, Oct 29Online eventOpen to all! Pre-registration required. Registration will end 24 hours prior to the event and a link to connect will be emailed to all registrants prior to the event.
- Thu, Oct 08The link to join will be sent on 10/8.This is the third and final event in the COTAD IGNITE 2.0 Series.
- Thu, Sep 17Online DiscussionJoin COTAD-ED for a discussion and action planning to address racism and discrimination in clinical training.
- Thu, Aug 20ZoomJoin us for the first event in the second IGNITE series hosted by COTAD-ED with a focus on OT education.
- Sat, Jul 11Online EventHere from experts from SLP, PT, Anthropology, Public Health, Biomedical Engineering and Research.
- Wed, Jun 17EventbriteA panel presentation highlighting the successes, challenges, and experiences of Black male OT practitioners.
- Sat, Jun 06EventbriteCOTAD is here and available to give you the space to discuss how police brutality and racism impact your daily occupations.