2020 COTAD LIVE!
Join us online for virtual "conference" events, including:
COTAD-ED Virtual Lunch & Learn
Keynote Address by Varleisha D. Gibbs, PhD, OTD, OTR/L
2nd Annual COTAD Awards
COTAD Events at #AOTA20
- Thu, Mar 11ZoomThis is the final session in the series of improving inclusion of people with disabilities within the occupational therapy profession. The focus of this event is to ignite action to increase support of OT practitioners with disabilities in the workforce.
- Thu, Feb 11ZoomThis is the first in a 3-part series for COTAD's IGNITE 4.0 centered on the topic of disability inclusion in OT. During this session, we will explore challenges and barriers experienced by individuals with disabilities in the profession. Attendance is free with registration by 6 p.m. CST on Feb. 10.
- Fri, Dec 11Must pre-register; link sent day of eventThe third and final session of COTAD IGNITE Series 3.0 will center around taking action for LGBTQIA+ inclusion in occupational therapy. Must pre-register via EventBrite by 5 p.m. on Dec 10. The link for the event will be sent via email on the day of the event.
- Thu, Oct 29Online eventOpen to all! Pre-registration required. Registration will end 24 hours prior to the event and a link to connect will be emailed to all registrants prior to the event.
- Thu, Oct 08The link to join will be sent on 10/8.This is the third and final event in the COTAD IGNITE 2.0 Series.
- Thu, Sep 17Online DiscussionJoin COTAD-ED for a discussion and action planning to address racism and discrimination in clinical training.
- Thu, Aug 20ZoomJoin us for the first event in the second IGNITE series hosted by COTAD-ED with a focus on OT education.
- Sat, Jul 11Online EventHere from experts from SLP, PT, Anthropology, Public Health, Biomedical Engineering and Research.
- Wed, Jun 17EventbriteA panel presentation highlighting the successes, challenges, and experiences of Black male OT practitioners.
- Sat, Jun 06EventbriteCOTAD is here and available to give you the space to discuss how police brutality and racism impact your daily occupations.
- Wed, Apr 29EventBriteContinue the professional dialogue about issues of race, racism, and representation in occupational therapy with this can't-miss OT month event!
- Sat, Apr 25EventBriteA conversation about how the power of community can be leveraged to target issues around diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Registration for the 2020 AOTA Annual Conference & Expo AND COTAD events is open! We look forward to meeting current and future members, sharing knowledge, and growing our network of diversity supporters in Boston.
Register now to ensure access to exciting COTAD community events, conference sessions, and conversations!
Keynote Speaker Dr. Varleisha Gibbs
7:30 AM - 9:30 AM
Sponsored by MGH Institute of Health Professions
$15 OT/A Practitioners & Guests || $10 Students
Pre-conference Institute - Moving Towards Vision 2025: Promoting Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion in Occupational Therapy Academic Programs
COTAD-ED Lunch & Learn Discussion
Inclusion & Diversity-related Conference Sessions & Workshops
2020 COTAD Community Service Project & COTAD Chapter Challenge
Sponsored by Washington University at St. Louis Occupational Therapy Program, West Coast University Alumni, & TheraPeds
COTAD Booth & Swag at the Expo